Nutrition & Workouts
HEALTHY EATING TIPS BY FITSMILE
What to avoid? What to reduce? What to improve?
- Try to replace white bread with crisp bread, brown whole grain bread or rice cakes.
- Avoid crackers, they contain a lot of unnecessary fat, look for rice cakes instead.
- Avoid all types of sweets – sweet bars: bounty, penguin, chocolate cake and biscuits…not useful calories and a lot of substances blocking fat loss.
- Read labels, processed food are not beneficial for a proper diet e.g., if making spaghetti bolognese you are better to do it from natural tomatoes or from canned tomatoes, rather than from ready processed sauces.
- Check the amount of saturated fat in the product (avoid high saturated levels)!
- Drink a lot of still water- ideally 2 litres. (avoid fizzy drinks, avoid alcohol). Note – there is plenty of water in your food, it all counts, but make sure you don’t dehydrate especially if you exercise.
- Instead of chips try to have boiled potatoes or brown rice or couscous.
- If possible grill or bake and not fry! Reduce salt and sugar to minimum!
- If feeling hungry in the evening you can eat something up to two hours before going asleep, anything light: eggs, yogurt, veggies, muesli.
- Get more vegetables in your diet: carrots, beetroot, peppers, cucumber, etc…
- Eat 3-5 times a day. Often but small portions.
- Reduce dressings/sauces e.g., mayo, ketchup, sauces, vinegar – need to be reduced to minimum.
- Look for organic food if possible.
Example Of Daily Food Plan
Breakfast And Supper Ideas:
- Porridge with milk or yogurt or muesli
- Scramble eggs or omelette with Ryvita bread or a slice of whole grain bread
- Cottage cheese with spring onion, plus rice cakes
- Boiled eggs/poached eggs and green salad, Olive oil
- Low fat bacon or ham and brown rice, green salad, olive oil
- Chicken salad (mixed salad, chicken, yogurt or small spoon of olive oil, spices)
- Broccoli salad (hazelnuts, broccoli, tomatoes, yogurt)
- Rice cakes with cottage cheese and jam, or almond butter spread
- Smoothie or juices from fresh fruits (banana, strawberry, orange, blueberries, etc… and yogurt or milk or polish buttermilk, kefir)
Lunch And Dinner Ideas:
- Boiled potatoes, vegetables with no dressing, meat – low fat, no chips or mayo
- Fish (salmon, cod) with brown rice or sweet potatoes
- Turkey filet with couscous and carrot salad
- Chicken and rice, salad without dressing
- Beef steak homemade with potatoes and salad
- Chickpeas, cutlet with broccoli salad
- Vegetable soup with chicken (easy to make – fresh or frozen vegetables, chicken, water, spices, boil for around 40 mins – ready to eat)
- Beetroot with goats cheese (not too much goats cheese as it’s high in fat)
- Yeast + warm milk, mix well.
- Flour, egg, olive + number 1 – mix together, leave for 30min in warm place to raise.
- Knead the dough once again. Leave for another 30min.
- Spread the base on the baking tray (baking paper under)+ put the tomato sauce or ketchup on top and chosen ingredients, cheese on the top.
- Oregano, pepper on top.
- Bake oven 40min – 170 Celsius. Enjoy!
Chicken fillet with sweet potatoes fries
( portion for two people)
2 filets of chicken
1 spoon of coconut oil
2-6 sweet medium potatoes
2 clove of garlic
Some salt & pepper
Wash and dry chicken, then fry with garlic on the pan add salt & pepper.
In the meantime:
Preheat oven 200 C.
Baking tray lined with baking paper and then spread with coconut oil.
Peel the potatoes and cut into thick strips. Put in oven on the tray for 40min turning regular until they browned(add fan option in the oven)
Served everything together with salad of your choice;) we choose carrots with raisins. Enjoy
Flourless chocolate & almond butter cake
(Recipe courtesy from ”The Plant Paradox” book)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute / Yield: 1 serving
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar, or xylitol
1⁄4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1 large pastured, omega-3 egg
1 tablespoon heavy cow cream or coconut milk
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salted French, Italian, goat or buffalo butter OR coconut oil
1 tablespoon organic smooth or crunchy almond butter
Put the cocoa powder, sweetener, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
Using a fork, whisk to combine, and mash up any clumps of baking powder.
Put the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in another small bowl, and whisk to combine.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
Grease the bottom and sides of a 4-inch-diameter ramekin with the butter. Pour in the batter.
Microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds and remove. Soften the almond butter in the microwave oven, drizzle over the top of the cake, and serve. VEGAN VERSION: Replace the cow cream with 1 tablespoon coconut milk or coconut cream. Replace the butter with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Replace the egg with 1 VeganEgg.
Strawberries will do as well:P Enjoy
Tomatoes, eggs breakfast
Our NEW king- brekkie, just done and even no sign after it anymore….too good 😉
Ingredients & preparation:
Onion and garlic chopped and fried on tiny bit of olive oil.
Prep. your tomatoes (we used 3 for 2 portions). Take the skin off and cut for cubes. Add to onion and garlic, cook for little while with some salt and chosen spices.
Add some spinach if you like.
Add 4 eggs, with little salt on top. Let it cook. Don’t move. You can add some ham if you like.
Wait until eggs are medium cooked (you can see whites ready and yolks still little soft).
Serve with bread or rice 🙂
enjoy! delicious and full of potassium 😉
Some lunch idea😋
-grilled chicken filet: grill chicken on coconut oil
-Lamb’s lettuce wash and drain add 2 table spoons of olive oil and 2 table spoon lemon juice mix together and pour on lettuce
-cut the 1/2 mango in squares and serve with lettuce. Add some fresh parsley.
Serves 4.Prep time: 25 minutes.Cook time: 35 minutes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or avocado or perilla oil, plus more for garnish [optional]
One 1-pound celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 celery stalks with leaves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup minced dried onion or 1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, preferably iodized
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 cups organic vegetable broth
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
In a large dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped celery root, celery, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until thecelery root and celery start to soften and brown a bit.
Add the broth and lemon, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally and check to see when the celery root is tender. Once it is, remove from heat.
Transfer about half of the mixture to a high-speed blender and blend on the purée or soup setting until smooth and creamy. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and then reheat the whole batch in the dutch oven for about 5 minutes. To serve, pour into serving bowls and garnish with parsley. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over each bowl, if desired.
Add some salt and pepper if required.
(Recipe courtesy from ”The Plant Paradox” book)
Serves 6. Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, preferably iodized
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Just Like Sugar or xylitol
3 large pastured or omega-3 eggs
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
(we double the ingredients and make 12 muffins:)
Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 6-cup muffin tin with paper
liners. Place coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a food processor
with a blade. Add the coconut, Just Like Sugar, eggs, and orange zest.
Pulse until blended. Remove the processor blade and stir in the
cranberries by hand. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins, filling to
just beneath the rim. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack for 15
minutes before serving..
VEGAN VERSION: Replace the eggs with 3 VeganEggs
BOOST YOU IMMUNE SYSTEM
Orange Juice and Ginger SHOOT
and Vegetable Risotto Lunch
2 fresh carrots
2 fresh beetroots
2 cloves garlic
1. Blend 1-2 oranges and add large piece of grated fresh ginger, leave in fridge to cool before the dinner.
2. Boil rice.
3. Spray the pan with olive oil and start preparing your mushrooms (pre washed, and cut for slices).
4. Slice fresh carrots, beetroot, zucchini – add to mushrooms.
5. Add spices – salt, pepper and fresh garlic. Leave grilling for 20-30 min approx.
6. Add rice, stir, leave grilling for another 5 min.
7. Serve with fresh parsley. And your shoot of juice 😉 enjoy
Walnut & pear salad
– mixed salad leafs
– feta cheese
– olive oil
Wash the salad. Cut feta and pear into thin slices and place on the top of salad. Cover with walnuts and pour some olive and honey. Enjoy 🙂
Asparagus with bacon & potatoes
(portion for 2 people)
1x pack of unsmoked bacon
1x pack of asparagus
6x medium potatoes
1x hand full of fresh parsley
1. Peal off potatoes, boil them add salt to water for taste
2. Boil the asparagus, add salt for taste, 3-5 minutes until soften, drain them
3. Wrap asparagus in unsmoked bacon and grill using grill pan for 4-6 min
4. Served with potatoes and fresh parsley & freshly squeezed orange juice optional.
Gluten free granola
130g sunflower seeds
165g buckwheat (unroasted)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 spoon cinamon
* sugar optionaly
1. Preheat oven t 180 degrees celcius
2. Place sunflower seeds + dates in blender – mix well.
3. Add the rest ingredients and mix.
4. Place baking paper on tray and spread the mix – make it thin.
5. Bake for 10-15 min.
6. Take out from oven, let it cool and break into pieces. Store in close container.
Quiche with spinach, broccoli & greek lactose free cheese
(Serving for 2-4 people)
2-3 medium sweet potatoes
1 spoon of coconut oil
½ glass of almond milk
½ greek lactose free cheese
2-3 handful of spinach
2 handful of broccoli
Spices: ½ small spoon of ground red pepper, ¼ small spoon of Himalayan salt, ¼ small spoon of freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut sweet potatoes into thin slices.
2. Spread the coconut oil over the baking tray and place the slices of sweet potatoes as a pastry on the bottom of it. Make it tight and make sure that there is no gap between them. Fill the edges of tray with sweet potatoes as well.
3. Put the pan cake in to the oven preheated in 180 C for 20 minutes.
4. Wash and steam spinach and broccoli for 3-5 minutes, drain them and put on the side.
5. Cut the cheese for squares.
6. Mix the eggs, spices and almonds milk in separate pot.
7. When the pastry is ready put the broccoli, cheese, spinach on the top of it and pour eggs gently over it, add almond milk & spices mixture.
8. Put in to the oven for 40 minutes 180 C. Enjoy:)
Egg spread with garlic & onion
4 x eggs
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 medium onion
2 table spoons of natural yogurt
1-2 table spoons of mozzarella cheese
1 small spoon of mustard
Boil the eggs until they are hard, let them cool down. Hoop garlic and onion. Cut eggs on small squares and add all the ingredients, spices, cheese, mustard and yogurt, mix and enjoy with fresh parsley:)
Buckwheat with apple, cinnamon & raisins
(serving for 2)
1 bag – dry Buckwheat
2 x green apples
Pinch of cinnamon
Fist of raisins
Optional: small spoon of coconut flakes, handful of almonds
1-4 spoons of natural or soya yogurt
Cook the buckwheat for 15-20 min – check cooking guidelines on the package, drain.
Cut apples to squares. Add all other ingredients mix together and enjoy hot or cold.Great idea for breakfast, lunch or when you need something on the go:)
Fitsmile favourite lunch 😉
Vegetarian pasta dish with coconut milk
(serving for 2-4 people)
2 hand full spinach
1x box of mushrooms
1x yellow pepper
2-3 clove of garlic
1x spoon of olive oil
3x big spoons of coconut milk
1x hand full parsley
80-120g or hand full of raw gluten free pasta
Spices: Salt, pepper, red dry sweet pepper
1. Wash & cut aubergine and squash in thin slices and grease with olive oil. Add the spices pepper, salt, red pepper- place aubergine in the fridge for few minutes.
2. Fry squash first on grill pan until is well done then do the same with aubergine.
3. At the same time cut onion and garlic on slices and fry in the pot using olive oil.
4. Add chopped pepper and grated carrot. Wait until they soft.
5. Wash, peel off & slice mushrooms. Mix with pepper and salt in the pot and cover with lid wait until they are soft.
6. Wash spinach and add to pot.
7. After 4-5min add the aubergine and squash to the rest veggies and mix them together. Add spices if needed.
8. Add the coconut milk and mix everything together.
9. Cook pasta your favorite way.
10. Served hot with fresh parsley on the top. Enjoy:)
Bok Choy salad
(serving for 2-4 people)
2 heads bok choy
1 large apple
1 large carrot
1/2 red onion
1/2 glass soya milk
1/2 glass cashews
4 spoons vinegar
2 spoons raisins
1 spoon mustard
1. Wash and slice Bok Choy (leafs as well).
2 Add grated apple and grated carrot.
3. Add half onion cut in small pieces.
4. Mix – 1/2 glass soya milk, 1/2 glass, 1/2 glass cashews, 4 spoons vinegar, 2 spoons raisins and 1 spoon mustard.
5. Add your sauce to the rest and enjoy with rice or other.
Rocket salad with feta cheese, tomatoes and pepper
(serving for 2-4 people)
1/3 box of rocket salad
1/2 box of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1x red pepper
1/5 of feta cheese
1x small spoon of olive oil
Optionally: 1 carrot chopped
Spices: salt, pepper
Wash the rocked salad. Slice cheese for small squares, add tomatoes, wash the pepper and chop it small, add garlic – grated or chopped, mix everything together- do it gently to not damage cheese.
Add spices an olive oil and enjoy as a lunch, side dish or starter.
Shown – served with rice and chicken in breadcrumbs, tasty…:) Enjoy!!!